Monday, May 18, 2009

Tonight's dinner was one of my favorite standbys of late, built around a boneless, skinless frozen chicken breast, because a few weeks ago at Trader Joe's I found a bag of about 17 boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $7.99 (I'm relatively new to the Trader Joe's experience so I can still get excited by this sort of thing).

One frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast
One potato
Frozen peas
Fresh or dried herbs
One Tablespoon of Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Peel the potato and discard the peels (I'm not yet advanced enough to do anything with them). Then continue slicing the potato with the peeler knife so you have very thin slices of potato. Toss with olive oil.

Place frozen chicken breast and frozen peas in a glass pie plate. Cover the peas with the potato shavings. Add fresh or dried herbs over the chicken. Tonight I used dried tarragon leftover from a recipe last year that called for fresh tarragon; I also like to use fresh thyme from my windowsill, but sadly my thyme has died. Rosemary is also very good.

Cook the chicken, potatoes and peas for 40 minutes.

If I had a mandoline, slicing the potatoes would be so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment